Opening Your Pool for the Season
Basic Pool Opening Instructions
- Contact Bell Pool & Patio approximately two weeks prior to wanting your pool opened for the swimming season.
- You will need to get your pool cover bag, ladder, rails, diving board or any other pool related items out of storage & leave near pool side.
- Please make sure that any pets are in a secure area to ensure their safety during our service visit.
- Some pools may have a water fill line which requires a valve inside of house to be turned on. Communicate with us about getting into house to turn water on once ready, or homeowner can turn on.
- We will remove pool cover, clean, fold & place in the pool cover bag.
- We will remove any winter plugs, reinstall all fittings, plugs, ladder, rails, & diving boards.
- Pool equipment will be started.
- Check all operations of equipment.
- Add opening chemicals (not included in pool opening price) & brush pool.
- We offer additional services of Spring pool cleaning & balancing.
- Typical Spring cleaning is 4 or 5 hours.
- Spring cleanup consists of vacuuming & brushing of pool surface. Pool water chemical balancing. Pool filter backwashing & cleaning.
- Always mention any unusual or unique feature of your pool when scheduling opening.
All pool owners will need a pool water test kit, a telescopic pool pole, vacuum head, vacuum hose, vacuum plate, leaf net and brush.
Many pool accessories are available through Bell Pool & Patio, including Automated controls, outdoor furniture and other unique outdoor pool accessories.