Closing Your Pool for the Season
Basic Pool Closing Instructions
- Backwash sand or DE Filters.
- Drain water below your pool return fittings (round wall fittings on the side wall of pool). To do this turn pump off.
- Turn skimmer valves to the closed position, leave bottom drain valve in the open position.
- Move multi-port valve to the waste position, turn pump on, run pump until pool water level is approximately 1 inch below return fittings.
- Leave skimmers valves closed & bottom drains valve open.
- Move multi-port valve back to the filter position & turn pump back on. Pool water will come out of returns above pool water level.
- Add winterizing chemicals, keep pump running until our crew comes to winterized all lines, equipment & install winter cover.
- Remember to leave out your winter plugs & cover bag.
- If there is any type of pool water fill system, the water must be turned off inside of house. To winterized water fill line, our crew will need access to inside of house to blow water out of this line.
- Homeowner needs to watch pool water level throughout winter, keep pool water level below skimmers. To do so you will have to pull cover loose in an area & look under to see if pool water level is getting too high.
- If water is too high, a submersible pump will have to be placed in pool to remove pool water to a lower level or start a simple siphon to lower pool water.
- To improve pool water quality & reduce spring pool chores, add a non chlorine shock & algae-preventer in early spring once pool water has thawed.
- Circulate pool water with submersible pump.
If you have any questions contact Bell Pool & Patio.